Medium Rigid License Information
A Medium Rigid (MR) truck must be more than 8 tonnes GVM with two axles. It may tow a trailer of not more than 9 tonnes GVM. The candidate must have held a car licence for a least one year prior to doing a driving test.
At Wrightway we provide a one day Medium Rigid course, that’s same day training and assessment.
- Isuzu truck using a synchromesh gearbox
- One day course – Training and Test
- Elements of this course include: correct use of controls, gear shifting, cornering, hill starting, reversing, road rule compliance and safe driving practices.
Training starts at 8:00am and it is recommended to arrive at 12 Jade Street, Maddington at 7:45 for course enrollment. Your test will be scheduled for early afternoon so it is likely that your test will be finished your one day course by 3:45 PM.
*Please note it is a government requirement that these courses are booked a full week in advance.
To enroll in the Medium Rigid (MR) licence training course, all participants must:
- Obtain in a MR learners permit from their local licensing center before we can book them onto a course.
- Students must be competent with a manual gearbox i.e driving a manual car regularly and know the rules of the road before they enroll for a Medium Rigid Day course.
- Must wear visual aids (prescription glasses) if necessary.
- Must wear enclosed shoes.
- Bookings for this course may need to be made a week or two weeks in advance as this course is in high demand.
Please not as Medium Rigid Assessments are conducted by the department of transport it is necessary to provide one weeks notice for any cancellations or full fee will be charged and students will loose any test entitlement.