Multi Combination Licence Information
Wrightway Road Training provides multi combination driver training preparing students for the Transport and other Industries.
Wrightway have both automatic and road ranger trucks to conduct your multi combination training and assessment in. We provide all training and assessment here at our Maddington depot.
Lessons are conducted in 2 and 3 hour blocks, depending on an individuals requirements. Courses available by request.
Please note you MUST have a valid Unique Student Identifer (USI) number before you beginning a training course at Wrightway. To create a USI number please log onto www.usi.gov.au for their free of charge services.
The Department of Transport (DoT) mandate that training must be provided to a student and their graduation document set must include a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
Upon graduation this Statement and other documents are brought by the graduate to the DoT Licensing Services office to have their licence upgraded.
The Statement of Attainment for this Unit of Competency is labelled: TLIC 4006 Drive multi-combination vehicle.
It is worthwhile noting that the DoT Licensing Services driver’s licence is issued by the Western Australian government. Whereas, the Statement of Attainment is issued by the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Wrightway Road Training (WRT) and that it is nationally recognised.
One day automatic course available for HC license holders.
Two day automatic course available for HR license holders.
Road Ranger training courses are available upon request.
Students with previous experience may call the office and discuss their needs as their course can be tailored to suit their previously obtained experience.
MC Gearbox Information
There are 3 types of Multi Combination Licence’s – these are different because of their gearbox restrictions or unrestrictions.
Multi Combination open license (road ranger)
No restrictions on gearbox – can drive any MC vehicle with an Automatic, Synchromesh or Non Synchromesh gearbox i.e. double clutching technique.
Multi Combination B (MCB)
Can drive MC vehicle with a Manual (Synchromesh) or Automatic gearbox only
Multi Combination A (MCA)
Can drive MC vehicle with an Automatic gearbox only.
You should study your current licence to ensure you obtain the correct Multi Combination license. The license you hold and the gearbox restriction or unrestricted can make a big difference on the license you want to obtain.
Before you book for a Multi Combination please let us know:
- What license you hold – Heavy Rigid (HR) or Heavy Combin (HR)
- What gearbox you done your assessment in – automatic, manual or road ranger.
- What license you wish to obtain. MC-A , MC-B or MC open.
- The candidate must have held a car license for at least three years plus HR or HC license for at least a year.
- Must have a valid WA license or if overseas license is held they must obtain either a HR learners permit or WA drivers license.
- Must have a secondary form of photographic identification
- Must wear visual aids (prescription glasses) if necessary, an eye test will be carried out on a students first lesson. If you are concerned about your eye test you must make this known when booking in for a lesson or day course.
- If you currently have a Medical condition on your Licence, you need a medical certificate for the class of licence you are applying for
- Wear appropriate clothing, including fully enclosed shoes.
- Please Note: From 1 January 2015 all students undertaking nationally recognized training delivered by a registered training organisation will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).To create a USI simply log onto usi.gov.au